I thought The Sweet Far Thing was an amazing book. It may have been a little over explained in the middle. The beginning was a little confusing but when I read it over it made more sense. I was surprised at the ending and how good it was. It was maybe drowned out but I thought it was very touching. Now that I look back, Libba Bray packed a lot of information and action into the book. After I read it, the novel didn’t seem 800+ pages. I could tell at different parts the more enthusiasm and longing to write the scene more than other parts of the story. When I read the first two books I was waiting for a fantastic third book finish in the trilogy. I think Libba Bray did a pretty close job. This is the kind of book where you could read it again and find something you didn’t notice before. Its one of those in depth books that you have to be in a quiet place and have time. You can’t just read it in, say a train station for five minutes and then put it away. Overall it’s a awesome and profound young adult novel. In general I think I paid my moneys worth for the book.
When I was reading this novel all I was thinking was were was Kartik! You know how an author can make you fall in love or hate a certain character? Well Libba Bray made me long to read the parts about Kartik. I would even laugh at some witty things he would say in the book. I felt like he was an actual human being that I knew a lot about. I really don’t like Felicity. She is like the girl in the class who can be your friend one moment and then a back stabber the next. That’s why I was shocked when she didn’t betray Gemma but had a pretty good ending. I was not surprised that Libba Bray created one last immense battle scene. It felt like everything was being put out in the open and the book was coming to an end. The only thing that kind of bothered me was that there were a lot of minor characters to keep up with. It became a little confusing to keep track. I actually felt really good after I read the book, like when you’ve completed your
homework, a sense of ease. I was very happy and sad to finish The Sweet Far Thing.
I would recommend anyone who likes to read, to take a look at this book. It really is a series that you can’t put down. However, it is more of a female novel and may appeal to women way more than men. I was recommended by one of my friends to read the first book and now I have the whole collection. This is just an amazing book that open a whole new light. It was a twist and very interesting to read. The reason I wouldn’t recommend it for men to read is because it contains so much emotion of a teenage girl that I think a normal guy would explode. If a guy wants to read it I would say go for it, but I know few guys who like to read in general, let alone a young female adult novel. For me this series was very profound, changed some views and got me hooked on some gypsy boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good work.
ReplyDelete