Libba Bray is the author of The Sweet Far Thing. I think she is a fantastic young adult fiction author. She really seems to be able to relate to some of her characters (or tries) in her books. I think she wrote the Gemma Doyle Trilogy because it is a great young female novel to read while your growing up. It talks about love, betrayals, consequences, accidents, finding identity and overcoming your fears. All of what teenagers are going through right now. I think Libba Bray either wanted to share some ideas on how to get through the tough years, or she wanted to make it more hopeful and uplifting. She seems like she went through some tough times herself and therefore can describe the feelings really well.
Durring the book, I think Libba Bray was trying to get across that life isn’t always great. With Felicity it was being sexually abused, with Ann it was being bullied and with Pippa it was not having control of her life. All sound like possible teenage problems. The whole adventure was about four lovely girls going through and getting past their problems. Each showing they are strong enough, also with some help from each other to get through the hard times. I think Libba Bray was also a religious person. There were a lot of metaphors and explanations to do with God. One of the ends scenes were when all the girls trapped themselves in the church to hide from the demons. Libba Bray adds some profoundness and thought to her story.
Libba Bray has also written Vacations From Hell, Going Bovine, The Restless Dead, 21 Proms, Up All Night, and the Gemma Doyal Trilogy which includes A Great And Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels and The Sweet Far Thing. I have only read the trilogy. It is by far my favourite novel series. I think I’ll read her other books because I think she is a really good author. She can really relate to the feelings when you’re a young adult. I don’t know if I will read her horror books because I think she does a good job of describing scary events, which is why I’ll stick to her romantic, dramatic novels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Again, well done!
ReplyDelete