Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Predictions

When I was reading this book, I had no idea what was going to happen. There were so many unpredictable parts that anything could have happened. I predicted that Gemma and Kartik would triumph over the demons and rule in the realms together. Ann would become a confident, actor performing in the theatre. Felicity would fall in love with a handsome General of some kind and travel the world with Pippa. I thought Spence would close down because it seemed like the whole book was held at that academy. I hoped the four girls would stay together through everything, but it seemed like to much hope. When I was reading I think I knew that something drastic was going to happen. I predicted that if any of the girls were going to betray them, it would have been Felicity. She seemed the most strong headed and suspicious. My predictions for all these characters changed so much while I read the novel, and I think the author did that purposely.

My predictions were way more off than I thought after I read the book. First of all, to my dismay Gemma and Kartik did not end up together. Ann considered being an actrice but she was discouraged by all the lovely looking women and instead thought of maybe being a teacher. Felicity was a shock to me, in the end she wasn’t the one who betrayed Gemma. It unfolded why Felicity and Pippa had such a strong connection in the novel, it was because they loved each other. Durring that time it was thought to be evil and so unrespectable to be attracted to the opposite sex. Pippa was the deceiver as unlikely as it sounds. Her desperation and unbelievable rage to stay and rule the realms over came her until she was nothing better than one of the demons which became her road to destruction. Spence indeed remained open and survived a full on attack from monsters not of this world. I was very surprised at how different my predictions were.

Not everything about my predictions were wrong. I knew one of the girls would die or disappear in some way. I just didn’t expect it to be the lovely Pippa. I knew from the very beginning the Gemma would in more ways than one triumph. The whole series was about her so that gave me the hunch she would survive. During the middle of the book, Felicity did go into a dark place for awhile. It was described that she had loathing eyes when Gemma’s back was turned while opening the realms or using its power when she couldn’t. The book was very unpredictable and that is why it was hard to predict what would happen to all the characters, there was just too much stuff that could happen to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment