This book made me crazy! I could not put it down. At the starting of the book it was so mysterious and a little hard to follow. It started off very disturbing and different. It was a lot darker than I expected but this book is where all the action happened. Although in the middle of the book, it was so unpredictable. I felt more and more attached to the book as I read, I think I even dreamed about it. There was a lot of romance and suspicion in the middle of the book. I was shocked at how much drama and betrayal came out of it. Near the end there was a lot of jealousy, anger, revenge and attraction. Even though it was a little darker it didn’t bother me, it actually put a twist to it.
By far the saddest part of the book was when Kartik sacrificed himself. I was so shocked that I got mad at the author. He was the piece of the book that when I read it, it put a smile on my face. He made everything less complicated and confusing. He also spiced up the story. He was suppose to triumph with Gemma and then live happily ever after but he proved that he would die for Gemma, and so he did. The funniest part of the book was when Gemma had to dress up like a guy and pretend to be Kartiks brother. It failed miserably, but it was pretty funny.
The most mysterious incident that happened was when Felicity started acting all weird and keeping to herself. I later found out that Felicity was going behind Gemma’s back trying to find a way to take her magic. Felicity gets out of control and try’s to turn Pippa and Ann against Gemma which results in sides being taken in the middle of the book. Another mysterious part were the scenes which Felicity is talking about guys or her dad. She seemed hidden and revolted when it came to those subjects. You sort of know that she was molested by the way she acted and how the story revealed that part of Felicity. It was very shocking to think that a woman so strong and loyal had that happen to her.
The author made the book full of various moods. I think at the end it got harder for her to transition them, than at the started of the novel. She did a very good job with making the moods have the full effect on you with different scenes. If there was death, she would make you cold and actually feel lonely, when there was bliss she would describe every happy thought. I think she could have been a little better getting the mood of spite and destruction. Overall it was very well described and mentally pictured.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment